Saturday 10 March 2018

SHORNCOTE IN THE RAIN

It was a wet afternoon for my second  U3A birders trip ; this time we met in the South Cerney car park for a walk to the nature reserve at Shormcote reedbed, With the rain starting as we set off, there were definitely no photographs to be taken today! 

I don't  mind birding in the rain, apart from the difficulty in actually seeing anything through binoculars or through my glasses for that matter, due to constant raindrops getting on the lenses!  Nevertheless, as a group,(21 of us) we managed to tick off 29 species, though I must confess that I didn't see quite a number of them -  with a large group of people spread out as we walked along the path, it was inevitable that some would see things that others didn't.  We also managed to see roe deer, a fox and some rabbits.

However, I did see my first little egret of the year which brings my total so far to 100 species. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...