Friday 2 March 2018

MORE GARDEN VISITORS

Its been snowing most of the day, apart from a short spell at lunch time. The fieldfare flock has been in my garden for most of the day, at one time peaking at 40 birds! They have nearly devoured all my apples, so I have tried them with defrosted apples from my freezer; they are just as popular but prove a little more tricky to take away to a quiet spot because they have no skin to grab hold of! 

Additional visitors today included several long tailed tits. a female blackcap and a pied wagtail. A singe redwing tries to join in the apple feast, but is soon chased off by greedy fieldfares! 

fieldfares seen from my window



fieldfare fight!

female blackcap




long tailed tits

pied wagtail

redwing

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...