Tuesday 13 March 2018

STANTON PARK DUCKS

A sunny afternoon and a bit milder than of late so I used a free couple of hours to visit Stanton Park. 

On arrival I was greeted by continual bleating from lambs, in the field beside the entrance track. 




I decided to walk around the lake first then position myself at the feeders afterwards. Peering through the trees at the lake, I soon made out a pair of shovelers, ducks that I don't think I've seen here before.  Then I noticed some gadwall, and counted 17 in total, after which I spotted a male teal, again two species that are not common on this lake.  A cormorant stood drying its wings, and other species noted included mute swan, mallard, coot , moorhen, blackheaded gull and a pair of great crested grebes. 

gadwall

great crested grebe swimming at speed!

teal



At the feeders were blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits, a marsh tit and coal tit. Also robin, blackbird, dunnock and chaffinch. No nuthatches seen today, but a jay was around also the usual jackdaws. 
marsh tit
coal tit


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...