Wednesday 13 February 2019

COTSWOLD SNOWDROPS

Usually this blog confines itself to records of birds  and butterflies but earlier this week I visited Cotswold Farm near Cirencester having seen an advertisement for its display of snowdrops. 

I have to say I wasn't exactly 'wowed' by the flowers, but I paid my £5 willingly as it was in aid of Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust. Nevertheless, everything was well signed, including warnings for slippery Cotswold slabs and pointers to refreshments and it was easy to find somewhere to park. There were many varieties of snowdrops - 83 in all, apparently - though I didn't count them and it was nice to see a good display of aconites, a few crocus flowers as well as snowdrops in the short 'woodland walk'.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...