After a short while, they all took off again and after some more noisy circling, landed on a grassy patch over the other side of the reservoir, to which I was heading.
Tuesday, 12 February 2019
FARMOOR
I've not been to Farmoor reservoir this year but a couple of hours spent walking round F2 today added some birds to my year list. As usual I walked across the causeway to begin with, where several little grebes were swimming and diving fairly close to the shore. Also seen were numerous pied wagtails, a grey wagtail, tufted ducks and mallards, coots, cormorants and a little egret. I chose to go south round F2 as that is where snow geese have been seen on my previous visits, although I could not see them initially. Then I saw them, a large flock of white birds honking as they circled over the reservoir, until eventually they settled on the water, followed by a smaller flock of barnacle geese. It appears they are a feral flock, disappearing over the summer months but present from time to time during the winter.
After a short while, they all took off again and after some more noisy circling, landed on a grassy patch over the other side of the reservoir, to which I was heading.
After a short while, they all took off again and after some more noisy circling, landed on a grassy patch over the other side of the reservoir, to which I was heading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
IT'S STILL HERE!
The long tailed shrike has now remained at Eastleach Downs for almost two months, and has been presenting closer and better views as it ap...
-
With a morning set aside for some birding while I was staying in Kent, I decided to focus on seeing species that I don't normally see ...
-
I read a blog recently which suggested that the hawfinches at Parkend were really not worth visiting, as the area is so busy with dog walk...
-
The rspb reserve at Bempton Cliffs on the Yorkshire coast is a place I've wanted to visit for long time due to the vast numbers of sea ...

No comments:
Post a Comment