Wednesday 15 May 2019

REVISIT TO OAKLEY WOOD

I had an hour or so free   after lunch today so drove over to Oakley Wood once again.Today it was unbroken sunshine  which had encouraged more  of Pearl Bordered Fritillaries to fly than on my previous visit. The most I saw at one time was five, although there were probably more.  The warm weather meant the butterflies were continually on the wing and rarely settling. However on the couple of occasions when one did settle for a few seconds, it was with wings shut enabling me to see and photograph their beautiful pattern. 










  

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...