Friday 17 May 2019

SANDERLING AND BLACK TERN

Several degrees cooler today with plenty of cloud cover but with a black-necked grebe reported from Farmoor Reservoir, that's where I headed straight from work today. There was a moderate breeze so I was glad of my warmer coat again, but it wasn't unpleasant as I walked the length of the causeway. 

I stopped to ask someone if they had seen the grebe but they said it appeared to have gone which was disappointing. However, I did see a common sandpiper as it flew off over the water, and had some nice views of a couple of sanderlings and a dunlin. In the distance, flying over F2 were 3 black terns. 

sanderling






No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...