Wednesday 25 September 2019

GARDEN BIRDS

chiffchaff


This week has been busy at my garden feeders, with at least one chiffchaff associating with a regular tit flock (blue tits great tits and a coal tit) . It doesn't actually use the feeders but regularly emerges from the bushes where it is feeding to perch on the branch holding my feeders for a few seconds. I've been hearing it singing in the mornings from my bedroom window too. It has also been good to see the return of some goldfinches and a greenfinch after an absence over the summer months. Other regular species include robin, dunnocks, blackbirds, magpies and woodpigeons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...