Saturday 14 September 2019

LATE BUTTERFLIES

Feeling in need of some fresh air this afternoon, (12 Sept ) I made the short trip over to Stanton Country park. It was quiet; few people, few dogs, few birds and few butterflies!  As I walked around the lake the sun appeared so I halted by some bramble bushes. A speckled wood fluttered around before stopping on a leaf to soak up the autumn sunshine, a red admiral whizzed by and a couple of small whites fluttered around the brambles. Then the bright orange of a comma attracted me, and I admired its pristine condition as it settled to feed. As I continued my walk, a group of two small and two green veined whites flitted around in close proximity to each other before settling. 
The lake was empty apart from a few mallards around the edges and a grey heron almost hidden amongst the vegetation. A family of swans, including two cygnets, glided off down to the other end of the lake. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...