Friday 18 May 2018

RE-VISITS AND MORE BUTTERFLIES

Perfect weather for butterflies still, so I decided to re-visit some sites I went to recently. I started off at Rodborough Common and headed for the area I found the Duke of Burgundy. More around than last time, and posing well for the camera today. Surprisingly I didn't see any green hairstreaks,  but I did find small heath  (including a mating pair) and brown argus, as well as dingy skippers and a number of non- stopping whites! 


brown argus


Duke of Burgundy


Dingy skipper

small heath

Oakley Wood being not far away, I thought it might be worth trying to get a shot of a Pearl Bordered Fritillary again.  On my arrival, the sun was slightly hazy and I could see none at all, but it then cleared and I managed to see a couple of these butterflies, one of which eventually stopped with its wings spread open. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...