Monday 1 May 2023

STANDLAKE

 I paid a visit to Standlake, Oxfordshire this morning, and although I  saw nothing new for the year it was nice to notice some of the new spring  ducklings and goslings. I also watched  3 or 4 hobbies flying above the water while I waited in one of the hides for a shower to pass, and had a slightly better view of a couple of drake garganeys. The recently recorded purple heron didn't show, being a very elusive bird, so it is hard to know whether it is still there! 

 rather zoomed in shot of a male garganey


the first brood of mallard ducklings I've seen this year




view from the hide


distant hobby

greylag goslings. 

The path to the hide followed the Windrush path which has a number of bird mosaics to find



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...