Thursday 6 July 2017

RAVENSROOST WOOD

Another hot afternoon, but slightly more shaded under the trees in Ravensroost wood. 
My main aim was to look for  white letter and purple hairstreaks.

I followed the main ride through the wood and soon had a good count of different butterflies, Another visitor pointed out a white letter hairstreak, and I later saw a couple of purple hairstreaks,  although  I wasn't able to get photographs this time.  I also found my first gatekeepers of the year. 

Butterflies seen were:

gatekeeper
purple hairstreak
white letter hairstreak
large white
green veined white
comma
brimstone
holly blue
marbled white
speckled wood
ringlet
meadow brown

Also a couple of moths:

scarlet tiger
large emerald

comma



large emerald moth

scarlet tiger moth

speckled wood

brimstone
gatekeeper

holly blue




No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...